Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HI from Connecticut

Taking a short break in Connecticut. Mia and I are on a shopping trek for two days. We just love Plato's Closet, only to be found in Springfield and CT near us. They are great teen consignment shops, with tons of quality clothes available at prices you would not believe.

Using hotel system and unable to get my usual font. Well, at least they have a system at my disposal!! Mia is sleeping in so I have uninterrupted time to finally get to my blog!!



I feel like I have been away from all my friends, not keeping up the blog lately. Been working hard at sorting through all my stuff which had accumulated over the years. As I am a very serious textile artisan, I have lots and lots of stuff around to play with. And for any who know me it is only natural that I should start playing during this whole " get ready for the family to move in" process.



I have been crafting - knitting, crocheting, making jewelry, quilting, and loving all of it. The creative juices are flowing quite productively these days. I didn't realize how much I missed being creative until I started this process of sorting through all of my accumulation.Found supplies for so many intended projects that I had totally forgotten about. Have been having fun working on various projects. I cold never just stick to one thing at a time.



My crafting has also gotten to Mia, who is getting ready to start learning how to sew. I am so happy to see her opening up to these skills. She has been joining me at the Knitting Club at the High School each week, now that her sports are over. We had our first boy come this past week. How great that one of the teachers started this club at KPHS(King Philip High School). I am so happy to have found it to be involved with. We have expanded to crochet and sewing, just having finished a bunch of project fabric bags which everyone individualized with the embroidery feature of my sewing machine!!



Oops! Getting late, need to get back to the room to get Mia up!! Hope all are having a productive winter - especially with all the shoveling we all have been doing!! LOL

2 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm learning how to sew myself and I'm loving it!

I made my 4-year old son a pair of pajama bottoms and he LOVES them! He'd wear them every night if I allowed him to. :)

marna said...

Hi Overwhelmed. So I want to know where you find the time to sew with all going on in your busy life??!!

I just love being able to create things with my own hands, from gardens to all sorts of textile crafts, and, of course, cooking!!