Saturday, June 13, 2009

Finished planting!!

I have officially finished planting the veggie beds, and other edible areas. So much work had to be done. As my daughter hurt her back last month, I ended up doing most of it myself, which left little time for anything else.

I have already been thinning and transplanting seedlings that were planted in April! It has kept me so busy I just have not had time to have many gardeners in to get plants. Hopefully that will be easier to do once I finish the paving, which is well on the way to being done.

And our lettuce crop is just amazing!! The new veggie beds are working so well, I am thrilled to have that area becoming so productive!

I just need to get outside with the camera to share the progress, which hopefully will be done today,a s sun is predicted - FINALLY!!! I have gone through way to many changes of clothing while working out in the rain these past few days!! We figured out a way to set up a travelling umbrella for me to use out front to allow me to work out there in that OH, so hot sun. Previously I was unable to be out there much past 10 as it just gets too hot, but with the umbrella, I can work out there close to 12.

No comments: