Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!!!

What a beautiful sunshiny, albeit very cold morning!!

I am in a bit of a creative mood this morning. New year, new creative endeavors to undertake. I'm in the middle of working on a piecework quilt for Mia's new bedroom. There are 120 pieces that I have just finished cutting, so have been giving a lot of thought to her.

A new year. This year Mia turns 15, Ryan turns 5, hubby turns 65 ....... oh, no, that isn't until next year, only 64 this year!!! Oops, he would not like me aging him that quickly!! But, 65, oh yes, my oldest brother is turning 65 this year, I knew someone close was!! 5 seems to be a significant number today. Interesting, I never thought of it Mia is 10 years older than Ryan. We have a lot of decade differences in ages in our family. Can't think of them all right now - with seven siblings there are a lot!!

Having trouble sitting for very long this morning as I want to get working on the quilt and getting the house cleared out for our expansion. This vacation has been filled with lots of drama, good and bad, and I need to get making better use of my time.

Looking out on the snow embraced gardens ! am watching a branch precariously swaying down from a tree. This branch is just hanging from above, having broken off in the storm, just waiting to fall below. Luckily it is just a small one. I'm noticing how the snow has hugged the ivy growing up the tree, and thinking I should get a photo, and thinking I need to get this written. Wonder if I can get the shot from this window, or would I have to go outside?? Can't see the camera, so would have to find it. Will I get up?? Will I just finish this?? What to do?? Feeling lazy.

(See 1-7 post for photos!!)

The snow has collected in cotton ball type puffs amid the leaves of the ivy, creating a three d mottled effect against the rough bark of the tree. Okay so how can you get the feel for it when there is no picture. Going to get the camera....... Okay, found it in the first place I looked. That is a good sign.

Took a few photos, need to edit and lighten them.

Now need to download them to computer, then upload to blog. Hopefully they will be okay.

Not going to happen today. I downloaded new software for my binocular camera and it change d the default for my photo software. I don't know how to use it, the photos are all sideways, and I just don't want to take the time to change it back right now, as I will probably mess it up. Suffice it ti say, I will get to the photos another day!!! So much for my creative juices!!

Anyhow - Have a great NEW YEAR'S DAY. I am waiting for Mia to wake up so we can work on her quilt together!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Marna! I've been quietly enjoying all of your posts. I still look forward to catching up on all that you share with us each morning. It makes me feel as if I had the chance to stop by and visit each day.

I wanted to share a funny story with you concerning those pesky deer living all around me. Jimmy was coming home the other evening just about dusk and pulled into the yard and there were 5 deer standing to the right of the driveway right where we planted the spreading juniper! Not sure yet if they were having a snack or not but can you imagine the nerve!! Jimmy said he stopped and got out of the truck and they just stood there and then slowly walked off into the woods. They have no shame! Eating my beloved plants! I'm waiting to catch them eating my pachysandra!
I hope you have a wonderful day with your family - stay warm.

Regards,
Sheila

marna said...

Hi Sheila, As always such a joy to hear from you! So I do have to admit, that as we have no plant eating problems, we would probably be so excited to see deer like that!!! But I do know what a struggle you are having! They had better not eat the Juniper - You waent to a lot of trouble to get that all transplanted. Remember the enormity of it when you got it dug up!!LOL

Have they eaten any of the pachysandra?? I forget which plants they are supposed to be repelled by. We will just have to get you more plants next (oops) I mean this year!!!

Happy new year!!