Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowy tree

These are the photos that go along with my post from New Years Day! This was a very cold day, so I took photos from inside, not wanting to brave the frigid weather.




It was a light, sticky snow that hung on for a bit for my enjoyment!!



I was drawn to the effect of the snow on this tree. There is Boston Ivy growing up the tree and it caught the snow as if each leaf was an individual cup, creating the look of cotton balls growing up the tree trunk!!



You can just make out the hanging branch, totally perpendicular, seemingly just waiting to plunge to the ground. Oddly, while this photo was taken January 1st, this branch is still hanging in the same way this morning, while the snow has all melted off the tree!!! But not, however from the ground!! Looks to be a snowy winter for us!

So much snow already this winter. All the better to comfort my plants through this long winter!!


No comments: