Thursday, May 14, 2009

Planting frenzy

Trying to get my plants and seeds in with preschoolers is quite a challenge. Got the kids beds planted yesterday - Ended up only adding a pumpkin plant and carrot and radish seeds, which join the peas and lettuce planted earlier. KatieMay created a great tree sculpture with a dead branch and pavers from my huge collection!!

She and Ryan were more excited about digging in my huge compost pile to locate as many worms as possible. They are getting great exposure to all things nature.

Having my first plant offering this weekend. With providing daycare for the kids it will be interesting to see how this goes, as they will both be under my care then. I have been so blessed by my wonderful Mia who has agreed to get up early to watch them during the event!!

Have to get some planting done before my shift today!!

I just love getting my hands into the earth! Planted leek, onions, potatoes, corn, and tons more this week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marna

Sorry it took me so long to drop off the green container. I left it by the driveway. I also left you a dozen eggs. Enjoy!

Your gardens have grown ten fold since I saw them two weeks ago. Amazing.

My parents are arriving tomorrow - two weeks early. So I've got my hands full. Sorry I haven't been able to help you at all......I miss seeing you. Hopefully I'll be able to get over there next week.

Sheila