Tuesday, October 28, 2008

AH! A spare moment

Finally found a spare moment to get to a post. It is very busy around here. We have been going through some changing times in my immediate family. At this difficult economic time, my son in law was laid off, and as soon as they short sell their home, they are moving in with us. Because that's what families do. Stick together during the hard times and help each other in whatever way is possible. When they moved back East from Tucson four years ago they lived with us until they found their house. Now they will be back and I am looking forward to it.

As a single parent with two children in the 70's, it was difficult handling all that life throws at you alone. Divorce was a very bad word then, and most especially in a Catholic family. My family made the decision to turn their back on me, and for that very reason, I would never do it to anyone else. Enough said. My focus now is on getting this house ready for influx of family!! They are already coming over and helping with the process. My tow and a half year old, oh, so sweet Katelyn helped to move a lot of my craft stuffing into an attic yesterday. She had so much fun locking Paula and I in the attic and we could picture her strutting around the house as if she were the Lady of the manor, with us at her mercy!! It was so funny to see her face when she told us she had locked us in jail for being bad. (The day before she had been choking on food at dinner and I had to perform the Heimlich on her, so she was dealing with a little (or a lot!!) of residual anger over me hitting her so hard on the back!!! LOL!!!

How can you not just absolutely just love them!!!!

Both grandkids are taking turns helping out around here as it will take a great deal of work and ingenuity to maximize the space here and get it set up for the big transition.

Just using this post as a way to let you know why I am so otherwise occupied. I still have lots of photos to go through, and lost of gardening stories to tell, and information to relay.

Thanks for your patience and your continued presence here at my blog.

No comments: