Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's almost time - and now the rest of the story.....

Just got this picture from Babs, who was obviously excited, waiting to see her first Monarch hatching!!!



IT'S ALMOST TIME!
Received this email this morning

A Dear friend of mine lost her Mom to cancer this week. We had agreed months ago that I would stand by at the family home while the funeral took place.
This morning I knew that this "tiny soul" would emerge and fly into the heavens.
Off to the homestead we went, toting chrysalis and all. On the way home,
this beautiful Monarch Butterfly emerged. Had to make a quick pit-stop
at the Joseph's in Millis (thanks Steve!), waited a few moments while she had time to pump the precious fluid into her wings which eventually would give her flight.
Thinking ahead I had brought along a vase with fresh water and a sprig from the
"conveniently" blooming butterfly bush. Once upon the floral spray, I made my
way home. Safely in the backyard from which the tiny egg began it's incredible
journey, I placed her ever so gently on the butterfly bush itself, as she fanned and driedher "stained glass" wings, I reached ever so gently as she climbed upon my hand....and she fluttered gracefully into the heavens.



























It looks like you might have had a boy, Babs. To definitely know, you need to be able to see the spot on the top of the bottom wings. You can see it clearly on my earliest Monarch blog with the pictures of male and female specimen.

Marna, it was such an awesome experience, thank you so much for sharing your wisdom with me. Love, Babs



No comments: