Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rubrums (Star Gazer Daylilies) at Lowe's

So many of you were overcome by the arresting aroma of the Rubrums in my gardens this season. That, and the fact that they are my favorites, compels me to do a little advertising for our new Lowe's at Route 52 and Route 1 in Plainville (opposite Target).




I dropped in there for my first visit to the garden center and found an amazing sight. Dozens of Rubrums in full bloom! They have three plants in each pot and they are $8.00. This is ag reat deal for the potted plants, ususlly they are $10-15. Now is a great time to plant bulbs in your gardens. By getting them already in full bloom, you can put the pots around in your gardens and see where they will look best!! While at Target I noticesd that many of the Stella D'oro Daylilies were with fully matured seed pods, so , yes, you got it, I harvested some!!

Have got to get out in the gardens, but wanted to share this tidbit with you. By the way, Target is looking for experienced gardeners for their garden center!

No comments: