Friday, August 29, 2008

post delay

Yea, after getting this copied over to this post, my spell check is working again! I am grateful for this little blessing at this moment!

As Mia had her first scrimmage today, we had a very delayed start to our morning. Then the men arrived to continue working on the sunroom roof. Today's post in progress, to be posted asap. Get another cup of coffee!! LOL And thanks for your continued patience!

So I thought I was all ready to re write the post I had tried to do two days ago. I had started to write, had trouble with the font, got that right, after about six tries. Why is it that when I am behind on my posts this thing always acts up???!! (absolutely no LOL)

I tried to get to it yesterday, but had roofers here all day working on the sunroom roof, trying to undo the incorrect installation of skylights which were done initially three years ago with the construction of the sunroom. Yes, three years have gone by where the sunroom roof had been leaking every rain storm, then they had to cover them up, so we have been without that feature for about two years and we have been unable to finalize the interior of the sunroom due to the leaking. We have patiently waited through the contractor and manufacturer trying to figure out whose fault it was, so they could get it right and we could get on with our lives.

Okay, so today the spell check feature is not working and now I have to go back and proof the whole thing myself! Such joy, with the hammering in the background, not being drowned out by the air conditioner I had to put on to try to use as white noise, which is just not wroking as such, so I might as well turn it off and save on the electirity, but if I do that the hammering will be louder. Is there any way a person can get ahead uin a week like this??!!!!

Okay, so the positive in all this. TODAY IS FRIDAY !!! TGIF No workers here tomorrow!!! And it's a long weekend. Thank you God for the positive in this!! No one will need to get up by six tomorrow, so I will have a quiet house in the early am for the next two mornings! Then we need to get a routine going for Mia to be ready for her bus which will be even earlier than last year.

So here I was, the week before school starting, trying to get Mia all outfitted for all needed for next week. She got her Field hockey uniform - you know all about it, I'm sure. They never fit, and don't always come with everything that is needed. Go to Bob's to finally get a new pair of sneakers, and try to find spandex shorts for under her uniform skirt. So of course, I missed the BOGO 1/2 price deal by 1 day! And they don't have the spandex shorts in the preferred color, and everything is just so expensive, even with all the coupons I bring in tow.

Get home, try on the uniform skirt, she doesn't like the fit, pin it to be altered (mind you, it is needed for a scrimmage the next day), go in to do the overdue post, have trouble with uploading the photos, decide to change the topic, start to write and am bombarded by loud music, hammers pound, the saw whizzing and men shouting, all "Up on the roof"!

So I try to refocus, and it just wasn't happening. So I figure, okay, go work on the skirt and do the post later, after the men leave. I'll have about an hour before we have to get to the high school orientation coming up that night.

Sit down to pin skirt, get interrupted by a call informing me a cleaning crew is on the way to clean up after the roofers. So you get the picture. With interruptions about every ten minutes over the next two hours for all that was going on, I got nothing, absolutely nothing done! I hadn't realized how much I cherish my quiet household until it was total pandemonium yesterday!

So Mia went off early this morning with her skirt pinned up for today's scrimmage, running late for the second morning in a row. You know how these teen girls have to have every hair in place, and then oh, yea, forgort something at the last moment. Last night it was her cell phone, she needed it with her at the orientation so she and her best friend could find each other at the high school!!
With all this going on I have gotten so side tracked this has becom a post in itself!!

Meanwhile I am still working on the other post!!

1 comment:

Babzina said...

All in the day of the "Life of a Queen", put another jewel in your crown, You so deserve it! The garden path looks wonderful, garnet dust? What a wonderful idea filled with memories....each and every time you walk down it! You never cease to amaze me, Glad your back, chat soon, as always, love, Babs