Saturday, November 8, 2008

Getting organized

As I sit at the computer getting ready to do postings I realize that I have no idea all of what I have posted in the past. I have done 233 posts. That is a lot to remember. As I was going along I labeled some of them for future reference. Now I am realizing I should have labeled them all so that I could easily go back and see what subjects i have already covered. Now I find myself getting ready to do a post and thinking, Have I done this already?

So I realize that I need to go back and label all posts, which is not going to happen today. LOL

Also I have tons of photos taken and not yet used, so that will be a great winter project to figure out which I want to post about and getting them organized.

I have great pictures of some edible roots that I have been eating and enjoying, but now want to post about and need to ind photos of the actual plants so that you will know what I am talking about. Just one short post can take over an hour if I need to locate accompanying photos.

So I have started that process this morning, and realize that I have lots to post about over the winter, much more than I had imagined. I have all stages of most of the garden plants, shrubs and trees. There are lots of insects waiting to be identified and posted about. And there are lots of edibles I am learning about which will get posted about.

All in all there is lots to share and teach about, and lots of time to get to it between now and next spring's gardening season. I need to figure out the process so that I can get more organized. And it will be a work in progress, as it has always been.

I will be researching what vegetables to get seeds for, and which edibles to focus on over the winter. I am thinking about compiling information on those of you who start your vegetables from seed so that we can poor resources and maybe share in the experience. I have a greenhouse at my access to use for getting these seedlings going in the spring. I already have offers fro seedlings for several vegetables. Maybe if we put our heads together we can share the process. Instead of all of us starting all the vegetable varieties we want, we could each focus in on a few and share the seedlings with many, sharing the workload. JUST A THOUGHT!!! What do you think. We would just need someone to keep track of it all, and I could do that through the blog.

Many hands make short work - is that the right expression??!!!

Anyway, I'm off to get my day started, and will be working on more organization here in the blog!!

No comments: