Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Groundnut post update

Blogger
Want to share a comment that evoked strong memories:

Michelle said...

Haha! You gave me so many plants and seeds to try, I'm not surprised that you forgot. Your garden is establishing an outpost in our yard!

November 18, 2008 10:57 AM



Hi Michelle, I can't wait to seed the fruits of your efforts next season!! Isn't it wonderful to be able to join a chain of plant sharing that has been going on forever!!!
My gardens are the accumulation of years of gardeners, going all the way back to the 1040's when my aunts started their first gardens, which supplied my Violets and Lilies of the valley!! These are my most prized plants, as they come from such a great background!! Each year when they bloom, they deliver me back to those days growing up surrounded by extended family. It is so awe inspiring to realize that these gardens are supplying the seeds (quite literally) that will become future generations' sources of similar fond memories.


I would like to invite all to develop their own outposts, with all the plants and seeds which have been shared from my gardens. Become inspired over the years to share with others, to get us all more interconnected with each other and with this great Earth, the one we each sink our hands into each spring, when we welcome the earth into our hearts, yet again, for a new season of sharing this great planet we call our home.

No comments: