Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Early plantings,, red onions and snap peas

The kids helped me plant red onions yesterday. Now you have to realize that when you plant with young children, it is very different than doing it yourself. We didn't get much done, but they had fun digging the holes and picking out the sets to be planted. I decided to do the peas myself!

I am just amazed to see all that is already growing in the perennial beds. There is lots to be given away, so I will be getting a list ready soon.
But a quick preview includes bronze Fennel, Money Plant, Chives, Strawberries, Raspberries, Asters, Tower mustard, Scallions (onion and garlic), Violets, Lambs' ears, with lots more to be added!!

Have to figure a way to do it this year to minimize the time it takes to get it organized. I will definitely do postings through Plant Traders, not sure about Freecycle as it just takes so much time to wade through all the posts. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Michelle Clay said...

You could just post your plant list here :)

marna said...

Hi Michelle - yes, I am getting it put together to list on the blog. Just need to take a walk around to complete it this weekend. I was just amazed by how much stayed green due to all the snow over the winter. And by how much is already coming up all over the place!!