Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Look what I found

Took a hike out back to check out the Rosina Violets out back. They are a good three weeks behind in growth from the ones out front. Did find one little one in bloom, all by itself. Hopefully it will have more company soon.



Interesting how there is so much diversity within my gardens. The front gets the full hot sun all day, so things are much faster in coming up. But I never took a close enough look to actually figure how how far ahead my front gardens are!! VERY INTERESTING!!!



So if I remember - it would be wise to plant some of the cool weather veggies out back, to prolong the harvesting. The seed bed we cleared last year is where we used to plant all our veggies years gone by. So the soil is good and will be a great place to transplant some of those seeds I already planted that need work out front! I just wrote myuself a note so that I will remember to move them back there.

This is a close up of this beautiful Violet. I just love the rosy color. Soon the whole back slope around the pit will be covered with these blooms and joined by the five other colors of violets I have around here.





There are tons of violets, so I have lots to share. There is deep purple, violet, white, white with purple and variations which have developed from all of the above! Come and help yourselves!

And Krissy, this photo is for you. These are my white Lily of the Valley starting to poke up in back gardens!! Got some pink ones last year. Can't wait to see them in bloom!!


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture i was thinking about that yesterday!

Floral Still Life said...

Is that violet really rose colored or is it burgandy? I have some burgandy violets which I have never seen before. They spread easily. I transplanted from the wild 30 years ago 3 yellow violets and they NEVER did spread. But I like violets. I hate to mow them down!

I post on my blog flower still life images I have done. Today I posted one of some lily-of-the-valley blossoms. Sunday evening I worked at taking some still life photos that had some hydrangeas and some burgandy violets in the image. I'll post them later.

Come and "smell the flowers" at my blog http://photographyhints.blogspot.com

marna said...

Welcome! I purchased the Rosina Violets from Wayside Gardens over 20 years ago. They are more of a rosy color than a burgundy. I think of burgundy as a darker color. I just took a quick browse at your blogs and look forward to going through them both when I have more time. Your work looks wonderful!