Saturday, April 25, 2009

Today's work

Need to get the veggie beds filled and ready for planting.

Okay, so there is no way all three 4 x 22 beds are going to get done in a day. I filled one small corner of bed #1 and planted peas earlier in the week.

My more reasonable goal for the day will be to get half of #1 ready to plant seeds. Had a new gardener visit yesterday, who told me she had just gotten all her seeds planted. She uses a plastic cover at this time of year. LIGHT BULB MOMENT for me!!!

I can put plastic sheets, of which I have several over the top and secure them on the wood!! Hello!!

Found out this week one of my sisters has cancer - it has made my brain all fuzzy, Need to take a deep breath. There that done, now get focused and head out to work!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Marna

I'm so jealous - out in the garden planting seeds. I'm off with Marina to a weekend of fun with the girl scouts. They have a barnyard full of animals to be milked and cared for as well as arts and crafts, swimming, boating and just having fun. I've been looking forward to this mother/daughter time. Enjoy the beautiful weather. Let us know if you need the tractor.

Sheila