Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday

Had a very busy weekend. Gardeners starting to visit to get plants, getting new raised bed #1 filled with planting mixture, a trip to the Sugar Shack in New Hampshire, and a visit to a conservation site to check out Japanese Knotweed.

I am ready to get half of bed #1 planted. WHEW!! Lots of shoveling and hauling, getting the compost from my main bin!! I can now drive a truck!! Got a load of straw, peat, cow manure and mulch for this process.

First thing this morning I will be getting my seeds ready for planting then I'm heading over to Crocker Pond to get a few Japanese Knotweed sprouts to try out at lunchtime. According to the seminar and hike I went to they are supposed to taste like Artichoke hearts. We shall see! Everything else he recommended has been very tasty, so I am definitely looking forward to trying this. We all love Artichoke hearts here.

Until I get #1 planted I will be cutting down on gardeners coming in. Just too much to get done.

I am also fitting in significant blocks of time for one of my sisters who is very ill.

Wednesday and Thursday, as I will be watching the kids would be days that I would be able to give plan
ts out. I don't know when I will get back to the computer, so please be patient with me!

No comments: