Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A cradle, some angels and a baby

This is the old cradle that I picked up from a free cycler earlier in the season.


It has worked out great for the angels in my Memorial Garden. They had become dwarfed by the Hostas as they have grown from year to year. This really showcases these wonderful cherubs. In the lower left corner you can see my headless little boy! This fellow was added here when my grandson was born! Then over the course of a few years, he got bumped around by Ryan, and lost his head!! Maybe some one of these days I'll remember it needs to be fixed. Well, it is already coming up on October and I didn't get it done this season, --YET! Unfortunately, for me, out of sight, definitely means out of mind. And that garden is on the other side of the house!! So when I take them in for the season, then I will remember to do it, not that that means I will actually follow through and do it, but who knows, maybe......

So one day as I was gazing out the window at the newly ensconced cradle with the angels glowing bright from within, I noticed movement on the side of the cradle! What could it be. Had to get my glasses to be able to clearly see the area!!



Oh, MY!! It was a baby bird!!




And it rested there for a while, got up and moved around and rested a bit more!



Oh, how sweet!! A baby with my babies!!

No comments: