Monday, September 15, 2008

The end of yesterday's post

Yesterday also saw the removal of several other plants, to make way for more edibles for next year. Thanks Jeannie for your help and willingness to adopt some of my Hydrangeas. They are beautiful specimens, but I need the space for more vegetables next year. Your willingness to come right over and help get them out is greatly appreciated. I know you will give them the love and attention they will need to get them settled at your house.

I turned over the soil in the new herb bed to get rid of the lingering roots from the Pachysandra, so that it doesn’t start growing up through my herbs. As I was doing this I was so very pleased to see the dark color of the soil, and the numerous earthworms and variety of worms throughout the bed. I took pictures to share with you what great, healthy, ready-for-plants soil looks like. I so love getting the dirt under my fingernails in preparation for new plants.

It is getting late and I want to see id this is going to work, so I now get ready to copy and paste this to the blog. If it works it will get posted, if not, I don’t know what………….


No comments: