Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Browse through the gardens


Went for a walk in the gardens yesterday, and remembered my camera. uploaded pictures, didn't work. So those will have to wait until I get it figured out.

Okay - so when I went in to do my preview, this one picture had come through!! This is a beautiful double orange Daylily. I took a side view picture, which will show it better. Tried to get it twice - not happening.

As I browsed through the gardens yesterday I watched all the activity unfolding; the bees collecting pollen, the butterflies flitting about, the various insects mulling around, plants just beginning to bloom, some producing fruit, some forming seeds, some dying back, garden areas needing weeding, plants needing more space, tall plants bending, needing staking, overgrown plants needing division, too-crowded plants needing new homes, paths being created, paths becoming adorned with crawling plants, seedlings popping up, vines ambling along, vines sprouting new growth, newly planted additions beginning to thrive, poison ivy needing to be dealt with, tomatoes getting red, berries ripe for the picking, garlic settling in, the daylily bed adrift with color, red roses bursting through the cleomes, honey bees all over the thyme, shrub roses covered with blooms, beetles, and ants, and butterflies, and birds, and oh, so much to be seen in just 15 minutes!!

I am getting ready to open my gardens for tours Saturday and Sunday, July 26-27. Plan to come and see what there is to see in a browse through my gardens.

Have a great day!


No comments: