Monday, July 7, 2008

Do yourselves a favor, learn how to type - I think you call it keyboarding

Now I will write some of this first then transfer the pictures and see how it goes. There was a time in my life when I would carefully figure out what I was going to do, what would ensue, etc. Then I had to go through many disappointment when what I wanted to ensue didn't ensue! And again, and agina (Okay when is vagina ever a spell check correction for misspelling again???), and again, spelled it wrong 3 times!! My fingers get ahead of my brain when typing along. Speaking of typing for any of you out there, do yourselves a favor - TAKE A KEYBOARDING CLASS. It is the best thing anyone can do for themselves in this age of the computer. I took it my last semester as a fill in course - needed something easy - I was about 6 months pregnant at the time - Yes, I was pregnant in college - I got married in my junior year, and no, I wasn't pregnant when I got married, but only by luck, I could have been - yes I admit it, even though my kids will be reading this - I had played the V card before marriage! Oh, well, it happens!!

To get back to typing - I have fallen back on these skills time and time again - sometimes I wish I hadn't done it, like when I'm typing yet another school project for my teen, who is being made to take it in high school. My husband is the 1 finger typist. He has to use email a lot in his job, even though he is an executive, and has a secretary. Those of us baby boomers who grew up in the conservative business mold, and became management level or above never had to type for ourselves, that was for the secretaries, now called executive assistants, and so rightfully so - they do all the work, don't you, folks??? I've been there done that job so many times, when I needed to find a job to work around my home life schedule. Was also a career woman, a public accountant for more year than I like to remember.

So I once again tried to get to my day yesterday and keep having all this other stuff come out of my fingers,.

Expectations - Have learned to no have them, then don't get disappointed. Wait and see what will happen.

No comments: