Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sara's gardens!

Here are more pictures of Sara's gardens!









Sara has recently brought seeds to us from this Jacob's Ladder



These are pictures Sara has sent me of her beautiful gardens! I am looking forward to visiting them soon. They look wonderful!! Please send me pictures of your gardens and I will post them, too.


These are her shade gardens





This is a beautiful Iris. (I got my early training on this plant, cutting off the dead blooms
at age 5. So that makes my gardening experience at 55 years, OH MY!)

This is a magnificent Delphinium, which my grandmother raised, was renowned for, and distributed seeds from all over the country. Don't get me started on Delphiniums!!


Sara has brought over seeds from this wonderful purple Nora Barlow Columbine - come and get 'em!

The oft misidentified Cornflower - I was calling it Mountain Bluet, (which could be another common name, I just couldn't find it anywhere to date.)

3 comments:

marna said...

Sara - Your gardens are so beautiful.
You have accomplished a lot in such a short time at your present home.

I was unable to download the Jacob's ladder. I can add photos to this post of any you want to send to me. I finally have this function down pat!!

Also - it might be fun to have you gardeners out there send "garden in progress" photos, so we can watch your gardens evolve. You can email them to me, and I will set up a post for you, which will be able to be added to as your work progresses! I have pictures I need to scan so you can see what I started with here 22 years ago.

Hey, moonbeam, I'd love to see yours, and I'm sure they would be especially interesting to all who are starting from scratch, as you have been forced to do - Want to tell everyone your story?

moonbeam said...

So beautiful!

I certainly will Marna, and I will get pics of the front area where the landscapers did some damage, and as things progress (I have to properly prep that spot as it wasn't done in the first place) and I will get some pics of the seedlings you have already shared with me that I have put around my fish pond. But for now i have to run.
Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures!!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marna & Kim,
This is only my 3rd Summer here, so I have been very busy. A few areas I still need to get creative with. Kim, I know you have had some issues with having to start your gardens over. I have tons of different kinds of hosta if you are interested. If you help me split them this Fall you can have some! They are so easy to care for. I may have some bushes as well, just not sure if they are too established to move??
Sara