Friday, July 18, 2008

More color and friends(of the insect variety) visiting the gardens

Yea!!!! I got a bunch downloaded while I was answering emails. I am only going to comment on a few photos. Others are just for your enjoyment

Some of you know that I am trying to get a hydrangea to be more pink than blue - here's a new blossom opening up - it's looking a little purple - I could live with purple, I love purple!







































These are actually almost-ripe raspberries. They are the yellow variety. Some of you who took raspberry plants need to know what this looks like in case your plants are the yellow ones. They get a deeper color when ready to pick - they are so delectable - you are going to love them!!








This is the bloom of a watermelon plant we are trying for the first time.


















Many of you took Tansy, the host plant for the lady bug which eats aphids. This is the tansy coming into bloom.







Many of you also got Obedient plant - this is it coming into bloom.










This is the bird dropping-looking caterpillar I described earlier this week before it picked up the sunflower petal bits and attached them to its body.



















This might be White Admiral butterfly, not sure.






This is a skipper, not sure which one. I was so pleased to be able to get this photo, as I had seen one the day before, mentioned it in my blog, but hadn't had my camera with me, Then I went out in the garden, and this fellow was right in front of me!! That happens a lot these days!




So that is what I was seeing in the garden this week. You will be amazed at the amount of insect activity going on in every square inch of the gardens. Please feel free to bring cameras when you visit the gardens.

It is now nine and a half hours since I started my first blog, and I'm finally finished. Had a couple of visitors in, but otherwise have been out straight on emails. Keep em coming - I'm loving this!!

No comments: