Saturday, July 5, 2008

Woke to rain

Waking to the rain, the birds creating a symphony of blended song, the clean, freshness of the cool air, the glistening drops of rain on all things outdoors, I just love the predawn hours - no one else is up - I open the doors and windows and it's just me, the pets and nature. The sound of the gentle rain trickling down was very soothing, and the plop, plop as it fell on the doorway metal overhang, added to the rhythm of the music.
This must be what it is like in England, where they have so much rain and their gardens are so plush. I have never seen everything so green at this time of year - and I've seen alot of summers!!
Same as yesterday - I was out in the rain for 2 hours yesterday morning capturing so many photos of all that's so fresh and alive in the garden. Even caught a few bugs in the process. I am an avid bug collector - I have an extensive collection I've amassed over the years. I learned how to preserve them and have them mounted. I will take pictures at some point and include insects on this blog. So much I want to share on my blog. Hope all are enjoying their holiday weekend.

No comments: