Sunday, July 13, 2008

A very happy birthday

And a very happy birthday it is indeed. Woke at my usual very early hour.

Realized I had a migraine. Needed to do medication routine.
Decided to get a little more sleep. An hour later, no luck, had to do medication routine. Could have been depressed starting this special day this way, without total clarity of thought. But since it took the medical profession 23 years, and a three day hospitalization from a migraine cluster in 1989 before anyone could get them under control, I can live with a little medication today. It is oh, so much better than ending up in the hospital again. Don't get me started on medication. I could go on for hours, and I probably will, one day, not today.

And so I got up, started the cocktail, and decided to go out and get photos of some new blooms I saw yesterday . 104 pictures later, I am inside writing this.

Now, I could have stayed in bed all day, waiting for the medicine to kick in to get rid of the miserable migraine, or I could get on with my life!!! (and not let the migraine take over) It's one hour later now, and with the help of the second part of my cocktail, I have only a mild headache, which I can live with just fine, thank you.

So my lesson about my medical problems, which keep trying to keep me down is; keep moving, find a diversion, and get on with living my life, not just observing life pass me by. For what I know is the first time in my life, I am truly feeling totally alive, and it is just amazing. It has been a very long process. I started on this soul seeking journey in my 20's, and got so side tracked, so often over the years, but that was the way it was supposed to be for me. I wouldn't be where I am today, had I not gone through all I've been through up to now.

As I start my 6th decade, oh, hold on, here, - what age does my profile say I am today?? (note to self - remember to save this draft before I go look. Ok, saved!) It got it right!! The profile aged me overnight! Isn't technology wonderful! ....... sometimes??!!! You all know how much trouble I have on a continuing basis. My hubby finally told me he is just amazed at what I've been able to do with this machine!!

I so digress................. So as I start my 6th decade, I want to share a poem I found the other day. Well I cut it out of a magazine years ago, because it struck a chord deep within. See if you can understand why.

Finding Her Here

Jayne Relaford Brown


I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
gray at the temples,
soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life

but with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor -
that whatever comes,

she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep weathered basket.

I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,

the growing up daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons and sunrises.

I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,

who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,

but knows she's not scarce -

who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.

Oh, so very true, for me.

So everyone, enjoy your day, and also enjoy the phot tour of the gardens I put together for you last night!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,
I wish you a day of HEALTH - get rid of that **** headache.

HAPPINESS - enjoy another walk in your gardens.

And LOVE - XXXXXX here's an e-hug for you!! :)

Love, Sara

marna said...

OH! an e-hug! How awesome!
As I was rereading your e-card, my older daughter called and she and the grandkids wished me a Happy Birthday - This day is getting such a wonderful start!

I FEEL THE LOVE!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!

moonbeam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope it is the wonderful day you so rightly deserve. Thank you for sharing that poem.... I am going to copy and print it, put it right here in my office to read and hopefully feel that feeling one day too.
You are such a bright light in my life right now Marna. Just wanted to share that.

OK, mushy gushy aside. I will see you around 8 tomorrow a.m.!!! :-)

Another (((((HUG)))))

Kim

Linda said...

Marna!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

I LOVE the poem! You are amazing in your 6th decade :) ...so inspiring!

I am sending you wishes for a fabulous year :)

~Linda (Mcvalley)

marna said...

Thank you all for your wonderful birthday greetings and for making this such an extra special enjoyable one!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, happy birthday Marna! May you never suffer another migraine, and may your flowers always bring you joy!