Sunday, July 27, 2008

Foxglove rebellion!!

I was sitting with a new gardener going through the seed choices, passing along seeds. It's a simple process; you come, you label your envelopes with the seed variety you want, I find the right envelope with the seed stock, you hold open your envelope, I put the seeds in. Easy enough? Right? Most days, not this week!!

Had a problem with the Foxglove. Stephanie F. was my witness. I was giving some Foxglove seed to Stephanie, then wrote her name in the seed lists, and what did I see?? Stray seed all over the page - now where did they come from? I must have dropped some while I was putting them in Stephanie's envelope.

Okay, clean up the seed, get it back into the right envelope, get ready to turn the page to the next seed variety ... no, wait, more seed on the page!! Okay, clean it up again.

Now what you need to know is that Foxglove seed are really tiny, really, really, tiny, so I'm being real careful to begin with, and now getting a little silly, thinking I am still dropping them through my clumsiness, (now those of you who have come to know me know how precise and careful I am when it comes to my gardens, and my seeds), but there is a first time for everything, right?

But I am only human, so I figure I am just not paying close enough attention to these tiny runaways. So I clean up the strays again, and proceed to put the envelope back with the others, figuring this time I had it licked!

WRONG!!! More seeds!!!

At that point Stephanie and I are unable to stop laughing, LOL.

The Foxglove seem to have gotten the best of me.

Still cleaning up stray seed, when Stephanie notices ......

wait for it!!!

This is good!!!


A hole in the envelope, with seeds gushing out all over.
They just did not want to stay confined.

So much for my Foxglove Rebellion!!! Got a new envelope, rebellion contained.

And Stephanie's handle for Yahoo is Giggles!!! How appropriate, giggling with Giggles!! So much fun!!

1 comment:

Stephanie F said...

Hi Marna,
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and giggling with you over the " Foxglove rebellion". I hope you had a wonderful vacation and I hope to see you sometime soon.
Keep on giggling,
Stephanie :)