Thursday, July 31, 2008

IT'S GOING TO RAIN

Was in the garden very early this morning. Heard the weather forecast before I went out!! Rain is coming. Not so good for Mia's cookout tonight (So a cook-in!?!) But the absolutely best thing for my gardens this week. As I have been working every day to catch up on weeding, cleanup, etc, I have found many plants that need to be moved or adopted out.

I am becoming very fond of living mulch, using it frequently throughout the gardens. My sedum has been growing wonderfully this season, so there's lots to move and give away. I filled the area by the Globe box and added in some sedum, which will help with the weeding problem in that area!!

As I move further away from the house with the living mulch, there is less and less weeding needing to be done on a regular basis.

So get out there and move things around the next few days. Looks like rain in the forecast for the next few days.

SOOOOO it is also a great time to get over here and take all these overgrown and runaway plants that are staring to look like fodder for my compost soon!!

Today's runaways include Obedient plant, Liatris seedlings, Rose Campion, Sedum, and 1 small Apricot Daylily, for the first person to ask for it!! Please do it through the comments, as that is the easiest way for me to see it.

So let's see how many of you can use your comment post and get yourself timed in for a chance at the lily.

No comments: