Monday, July 7, 2008

Okay, it's light out, you can go out now

Getting up early has distinct advantages - the total silence is so comforting. I think it is because in the absence of anything is the presence of the totality of everything. Don't know if all will understand, but I know some will get it. So I'm up in all this silent totality thinking that it just feels so all encompassing, having a real moment here - I don't need anything but to focus on what I want to say in my blog about the day we had yesterday. Thinking about it enveloped in the love from the day, all that was accomplished, what I want to write. Decide not to get coffee - I don't need it yet, I am filled with the love, the joy. It's 4:43 and I can hear a few birds starting to wake - I decide to label the pictures I downloaded from 1 camera yesterday in preparation for this blog today. Then I figure I did that great yesterday, so why not download the more complicated camera that often confounds me. I'm in the zone, got my other pictures ready........go to transfer the pictures......... COMMUNICATIONS ERROR !!!! Okay, what does that mean now???? Try it again..... ERROR again!!!!! Decide to work on moving pictures to the blog before I try the little camera again - try to move the whole file - can't do it - go back to moving just 1 picture - got duplicate instead - have no clue what I did!! Go to start writing, wrong font - don't like it! Change font - now still wrong font, wrong color!!!! Try again, right color still wrong font ---- Okay - time to put on the coffee!!!!! But wait, let me try again.....

So I was trying to get right font, right color. GOT IT!!!! Yea!! Now I'm in the groove!! So go to delete one of the duplicate pictures - got it! Start writing..... the other picture deleted itself!! What did I do now???!!!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF AN ALMOST 60 YEAR OLD COMPUTER INEPT BLOGGER!!!

Time to put the coffee on.....
Now that this is written, coffee should be ready. Oh and in the middle of enjoying today's bird symphony, my half tailed cat, Pia comes by and gives me a very annoyed "Meow" (the birds are up when are you going to let me at 'em?)!! I do have to say here that this cat has not caught any birds since last year when I took a robin hatchling carefully out of her mouth as she made her way down the small red crabapple tree out front, which I promptly replaced in the nest and surrounded the tree with chicken wire so she couldn't get back up. The baby was fine, parents came back, all was well. After birds flew the nest, I removed it from the tree- the robins did not nest there again this year!! Wonder why!! (Had a cat some years back who would hide in the corner of the deck next to plant pots for cover and jump up and catch birds in mid flight - Moved those pots very quickly!!)

So now it's time for coffee. And so goes my life - This computer thing is so frustrating, but the blog is too much fun to give up over technology getting in the way - I keep plodding on and eventually I get it right!! Proofreading and coffee - a great combination! Now I must get to the blog about yesterday!!

No comments: