Monday, July 14, 2008

What was adopted from the garden today

Kim was here bright and early this morning to help in the garden. We got about an hour in before the heavens erupted and poured down on us!! WE GOT SOAKED!!!

Kim went home with about 12 very large, beautiful Liatris that needed to get out of the way of the ever expanding Blue Spruce. She also got a couple of dozen Sundrops and Clara Curtis daisies, as well as several Cranesbill Geranium and a few Columbine.

Janice, who was generous enough to bring me a sewing machine for my sewing classes, thank you, Janice, went home with about 20 different kinds of seeds, including red dwarf Columbine, Red Twig Dogwood, Deutzia, pink and purple Nora Barlow Columbine, and Meadow Sunflower, to name a few.

In our walk over to get more Dogwood seeds, I noticed a stray Columbine and some runaway Thyme which she graciously agreed to take home and adopt!

You never know what you will go home with from my gardens!!!

I'm ready for help from inexperienced gardeners. Let me know your availability - see my hours in lists.

1 comment:

moonbeam said...

Holy cow we DID get soaked!! I just wish we could have done more. I feel like we got gipped out of some great gardening time with that downpour, but I will be back, without a doubt!
I should be getting some pics for you hopefully by tomorrow.
I planted and planted today, I AM SORE! Almost 4 hours off and on, I was out there. Never realized just HOW time comsuming it can be, but when you are starting from scratch....

And no humidity, who are they kidding?!

My legs and back are screaming at me, let me tell you. So I am going to soak in the jacuzzi and put my feet up because I want to go and get some landscape fabric as I have some really large pieces of ledge that will forever adorn my backyard (they go down almost 15 feet into the ground) and I want to put some of the plants there too. And with hubby doing the weed whacking he wouldn't know a new growth from a hole in the wall LOLOL! Better to be safe, you know?

That front area is going to be something else, I am not looking forward to tackling it to be honest. Tho I know it will be fabulous when it is done properly.

I will look at my schedule for possibly this week end or first of the week to come back over. My daughter and her family are moving to NC Saturday night, so I may be watching the grandkids while they finish packing the moving truck.

I know this is long, I tend to run on and I am closing now, it was WONDERFUL seing you again!

Kim